Um, what's up Neville Longbottom? Nice to see you...
I'm sorry...I just need a second to recover. Because, I mean, remember this dude?
...and now, there's this:
Let's all just take a second and marvel at the kooky mystery of life, shall we? Here's a guy who went from being perhaps the most awkward looking kid/teenager ever to...well, not Jude Law territory exactly, but solidly in the Ewan McGregor camp of British-y handsome. Get it, Matthew Lewis.
See you next year in The Island 2: Clone Rhymes With Moan.
As an added bonus, here's an interview clip of the aforementioned Matthew Lewis and Tom Felton (aka Draco Malfoy) that I can only describe as heartwarming. Non-Potter enthusiasts need not bother.
P.S. It's a testament to how completely the Harry Potter franchise has come to define my very existence that when I went to find images for this post, I only typed "Neville" into the google search field and just assumed that I would get what I needed right away. Not so. Here's a list of Nevilles that actually come out on top in the fight for google supremacy:
1. Former British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain who declared war on Germany and led the United Kingdom into the Second World War. Alright, fine. Whatever.
2. The Neville Brothers -- New Orleans' first family of funk.
3. Everton FC captain Phil Neville who, in my opinion, resembles no one so much as a blonde Ben Stiller.
4. Someone called Neville Goddard who nobody will ever convince me is more famous than Neville Longbottom. Google ranking is starting to seem highly suspect in my mind.
5. The great Aaron Neville. I don't know much, but I know I love him. That may be all I need to know. Well, that and my own discomfort at the awkwardness of his oddly phallic facial tattoo.